Course: Inferring Positive Selection (from Sequences)
- To come
- Frequency spectrum (Tajima, Fu and Li, etc.)
- Codon models (Goldman, Yang and Nielsen)
- Polymorphism and divergence (HKA and MK tests, branch and branch-sites models)
Articles to be discussed:
Datasets to analyze
- SRK. Gene involve in brassicacea autoincompatibility. Two data sets are provided, for distinct species. In both cases, genomic segments contianing the locus are porivded, as well as the sub-region corresponding to the coding sequence (exons).
- FOXP2. The FOXP2 gene sequences in several humans and other Primates. A large genomic region containing the locus is also available for human.
- YeeU and YeeV. A toxin-antitoxin pair of genes in E. coli and relatives.
- Adh and Adh-related. More Adh and Adh-related genes from several species of Drosophila.